As April is quickly coming to an end, I have been looking forward to the start of May and the start of summer. This month I made a goal to try new things, whether that be a recipe or visiting somewhere new on a day trip!
1. I love face masks. Even though I don’t know if many face masks actually do anything for my skin, I still use them on a weekly basis. I ordered a pack of four different Boscia face masks from Sephora, where the first one I tried was this white peel off mask. In the past, I have used the black one but I think I love this one even more! I actually saw results, my skin was glowing and seemed more refreshed than with any mask I’ve tried before!
2. Another beauty item I picked up during the Sephora VIB sale (see my post here), was this facial toner from Fresh. I am a big fan of Fresh products and this toner is no exception. I am amazed at how this clears up my skin! I rarely have problems with my skin but this smooths everything out and brightens my face. Not to mention, it looks beautiful on my counter!
3. I’m not one to sit down and watch an entire season of a show in one day on Netflix, but 13 Reasons Why was an exception to this. I think this show did an amazing job at portraying mental health issues and I loved every episode! If you’re looking for a new show on Netflix I definitely recommend this one.
4. In April, I also tried to get back into reading. The first book I picked was Pretty Girls, by Karin Slaughter. This book is AMAZING. I haven’t been so excited to read a book in a long time. If you enjoy books like Gone Girl, this one is definitely a must-read!
5. My favorite recipe of this month was a grapefruit sorbet, which was featured on Gal Meets Glam. I am lucky enough to have a grapefruit tree in my front yard and I thought this treat would be a healthy snack! Now I reach for this instead of unhealthy treats like popcorn, and I’m so glad that I found this recipe! I’m excited to try it out with oranges or lemons too!
6. With the new collection of arrivals at J.Crew, I was really inspired by dressing up t-shirts. I decided to try on one of the vintage cotton t-shirts, and I fell in love! I bought it in white and I’m excited to stock up on some more colors soon!
7. My last favorite of April was bell sleeved tops. See my post here, where I feature two tops and two different outfits! This pink top from J.Crew is my absolute favorite, but I’m also loving these bell sleeved tops here and here!